Goodwe inverter WiFi reconnect guide.
The following Goodwe inverter WiFi reconnect guide is applicable for all Goodwe WiFi-enabled inverters which include the Goodwe D-NS, Smart DT, ET Hybrid and EH Hybrid models.
Ask yourself the following questions;
- Was there a blackout or a power outage recently?
- Has the modem been switched off for any reason recently?
- Have you recently changed to the NBN?
- Has the modem been changed or upgraded?
- Has the solar system been switched off recently?
- Has an electrician been working on the property?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then there is a high chance your Goodwe inverter has disconnected from your WiFi network. In a nutshell, your inverter is now trying to communicate through an IP address which is no longer available from your modem.
It’s important you know the steps to reconnect any WiFi based device as IP addresses will continue to change over the systems lifetime. Here is how to get your Goodwe inverter WiFi reconnected.
IMPORTANT: If your inverter has disconnected from your WiFi network, this will not affect your solar energy systems ability to produce energy. It will only prohibit the communication to the Goodwe SEMS Portal cloud server which allows you the view your solar production information.
Requirements before initiating sequence.
- Physical access to your Goodwe inverter.
- A WiFi-enabled device such as a smartphone or tablet.
- Patience, the average reconnection time is 10mins.
- PSW Tip: Tea, Coffee or a refreshing beverage of your choice. You’re welcome in advance
Step 1: Activate WiFi Access Point.
1. Open your Goodwe SEMS Portal app on your smartphone or tablet and select WIFI CONFIGURATION in the bottom right-hand corner of the login screen.
2. Make sure your Goodwe inverter is POWERED ON and select next.
3. Select the “GO INTO WLAN SETTING INTERFACE” button, a pop up will appear with all the information you need to connect to your inverter network.
Step 2: Connect device WiFi.
Open up the WIFI SETTINGS on your smartphone or tablet and find your solar inverter network “Solar-WiFi########” and enter the password “12345678”.
Once you’ve connected to the inverter network, reopen the Goodwe SEMS app.
Step 3: Network setup.
Within the Goodwe SEMS Portal app, select NEXT again.
When prompted, select “the desired wireless network for the inverter” (your home WiFi network) and select CONNECTION.
When prompted, enter your home WiFi network password and select NEXT.
You’ve successfully configured your inverter and the power light or WiFi light should now be solid (no flashing).
Prefer video? Rest your eyeballs on this simple video of the Goodwe Inverter Wifi Reconnect Guide.
By the end of this process, you’re probably thinking why isn’t there just a simple WPS button like many other WiFi enabled appliances? We hear you! Goodwe seem to be leading the charge adopting such technology, however, selected models are still without.
Take your Goodwe to the next-level.
The Goodwe inverter monitoring platform is good, but why not experience next-level solar monitoring insight?
Add a Goodwe Smart Meter to view your entire load profile within the Goodwe SEMS Portal app. View what is currently available in the basic SEMS portal app plus energy consumption, energy export, true cost savings analysis and more!
Alternatively, forget WiFi dropouts altogether with the comprehensive Solar Analytics 4G cellular energy monitoring solution.
In the spirit of building greater knowledge, PSW support staff will endeavour to assist the questions posted below. However, PSW Energy customers will be prioritised in the event of an assistance requirement.