Is your Goodwe inverter no longer producing data? Let’s get that back for you with the PSW Energy Goodwe Inverter WiFi Reconnect guide. The great news is that this is often only ever a minor issue. Chances are the solar energy system is still producing power, you simply can’t see this information being logged anymore through the Goodwe SEMS Portal.
The following Goodwe inverter WiFi reconnect guide applies to all Goodwe WiFi-enabled inverters, including the Goodwe DNS, SDT, ET Hybrid and EH Hybrid models.
Ask yourself the following questions;
- Was there a blackout or a power outage recently?
- Has the modem been switched off for any reason recently?
- Have you recently changed to the NBN?
- Has the modem been changed or upgraded?
- Has the solar system been switched off recently?
- Has an electrician been working on the property?
If you answered yes to any of the above, there is a high chance your Goodwe inverter disconnected from your WiFi network. Your inverter is now trying to communicate through an IP address no longer available from your modem.
It’s important you know the steps to reconnect any WiFi based device as IP addresses will continue to change over the systems lifetime. Here is how to get your Goodwe inverter WiFi reconnected.
Note: If your inverter has disconnected from your WiFi network, this will not affect your solar energy system’s ability to produce energy. It will only prohibit communication to the Goodwe SEMS Portal cloud server, allowing you to view your solar production information.
Required before initiating the sequence
- Physical access to your Goodwe inverter.
- A WiFi-enabled device such as a smartphone or tablet.
- Patience, the average reconnection time is 10mins.
Step 1: Activate WiFi Access Point
1. Open your Goodwe SEMS Portal app on your smartphone or tablet and select WIFI CONFIGURATION in the bottom right-hand corner of the login screen.
3. Select the GO INTO WLAN SETTING INTERFACE button, a pop up will appear with all the information you need to connect to your inverter network.
Step 2: Connect device WiFi
Open up the WIFI SETTINGS on your smartphone or tablet and find your solar inverter network “Solar-WiFi########” and enter the password “12345678”.
Once you’ve connected to the inverter network, reopen the Goodwe SEMS app.
Step 3: Network setup
Within the Goodwe SEMS Portal app, select NEXT again.
When prompted, select “the desired wireless network for the inverter” (your home WiFi network) and select CONNECTION.
You’ve successfully configured your inverter and the power light or WiFi light should now be solid (no flashing).
Prefer video? Here is the manufacturer-produced video of the Goodwe Inverter Wifi Reconnect Guide.
Take your Goodwe to the next-level
The Goodwe inverter monitoring platform is good, but why not experience next-level solar monitoring insight?
Add a Goodwe Smart Meter to view your load profile within the Goodwe SEMS Portal app. View what is currently available in the basic SEMS portal app, plus energy consumption, energy export, true cost savings analysis and more!