Is your Fronius inverter no longer producing data? Let’s get that back for you with the PSW Energy Fronius Inverter WiFi Reconnect guide. The great news is that this is often only ever a minor issue. Chances are the solar energy system is still producing power, you simply can’t see this information being logged anymore through the Fronius Solar.web portal.
Ask yourself the following questions;
- Was there a blackout or a power outage recently?
- Has the modem been switched off for any reason recently?
- Have you recently changed to the NBN?
- Has the modem been changed or upgraded?
- Has the solar system been switched off recently?
- Has an electrician been working on the property?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then there is a high chance your Fronius inverter has disconnected from your WiFi network. In a nutshell, your inverter is now trying to communicate through an IP address which is no longer available from your modem.
It’s important you know the steps to reconnect any WiFi based device as IP addresses will continue to change over the systems lifetime. Here is how to get your Fronius inverter WiFi reconnected.
IMPORTANT: If your inverter has disconnected from your WiFi network, this will not affect your solar energy systems ability to produce energy. It will only prohibit the communication to the Fronius Solar.web cloud server which allows you the view your solar production information.
Fronius inverter WiFi reconnect guide.
The following Fronius inverter WiFi reconnect guide is applicable for all Fronius WiFi enabled inverters which include the Fronius Galvo, Fronius Primo, Fronius Symo and the Fronius Hybrid models.
For ease of reference the Fonius buttons will be referred to as 1, 2, 3, 4 from left to right.
To complete the reconnection of your inverter, you’ll need access to the inverter and a WiFi-enabled device such as your smartphone or tablet.
Locate the setup mode by pressing Button 2 , and scrolling to the right until you locate the SETUP menu option. Once you reach the SETUP menu option, press button 4 to ENTER .
Once the inverter has activated the WiFi access point, go to your WiFi-enabled device and open up the Settings.
Locate the WiFi settings and select the Fronius Inverter network (FRONIUS_240.#####), then enter the password displayed on the inverter screen (12345678) and click join.
Once the inverter is connected to your WiFi-enabled device, open up your preferred web browser on the device.
In the web browser, enter the IP address 192.168.250.181 in the search bar. Locate the settings menu on the right side of the page. On the left-hand side of the page, select Network.
Once the Network setup page has loaded, two columns are displayed Connection mode (left) and WLAN Settings (right).
1. Under the Connection mode column (left) select the Solar.web via WLAN option.
2. Under the WLAN Settings column (right) select the network you would like to connect your Fronius inverter to from the list of available networks.
TIP: Have your network name and password handy.
3. tap the Set… button located on the bottom-left hand corner below the Available networks box. A small box will pop up called WLAN connection. Enter your network password then select Save.
CHECK: When you have successfully saved your network password, select Configure WLAN IP button, and ensure the Get address is set to dynamic (not static), then select OK.
4. Select Connect. A series of connection attempts will cycle with your chosen network. Once connected a Network status page will display the modem connected to the inverter but No internet connection. In the WiFi settings on the mobile device which you are using, disconnect with the Fronius inverter and resume using an alternative WiFi source.
Log into Fronius Solar.web and your Fronius inverter should now be reconnected.
Prefer video? Rest your eyeballs on this simple video of the Fronius Inverter Wifi Reconnect Guide.